- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, then stir through the sugar, flaxseeds and coconut flour.
- In a large jug, mix the plant milk with the lemon juice and set aside to curdle for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat roughly 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the curdled plant milk into the flour mix and whisk to combine, then instantly spoon the batter into the hot skillet to shape your scotch pancakes. Flip after 2-3 minutes or once the edges begin to brown and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the pancakes are done.
- Serve your Scotch pancakes alongside a dollop of vegan yogurt, fresh berries and a drizzle of agave nectar.
Scotch pancakes are also perfect for making ahead of time! Simply make a larger batch and freeze the leftover pancakes. Before you want to enjoy them, simply heat them in your toaster before adding your toppings and voila: instant pancakes for a tasty breakfast or dessert!