- In a large jug, combine the oat milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to curdle for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate spread and coconut oil in the microwave or a double boiler. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 4×6-inch baking dish.
- To a large bowl, add the brown sugar, baking powder, cacao powder and salt and stir to combine until no lumps are left. Pour in the melted chocolate spread & coconut oil mixture as well as the curdled plant milk and stir to combine.
- Transfer the brownie mix into the lined baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the top is glossy but firm.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool down for 1 hour. In the meantime, prepare the raspberry drizzle.
- Heat the raspberries on the stove top over low heat until they soften and release their water. Cook them for 2-3 more minutes, then run them through a fine sieve and collect the raspberry juice.
- Using a whisk, slowly add the icing sugar into the raspberry juice until you get a thick but runny glaze. Drizzle the glaze on top of the brownies and add the googly eyes whilst the drizzle is still wet.
- Once the icing is set, you can enjoy your spooky brownies or store them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days
Chef’s tip: If you’re taking these brownies to a special occasion, they’re also perfect for preparing in advance! Simply pop the baked and cooled brownies into the freezer. To defrost, place them in the oven on a low temperature until soft & add the raspberry drizzle on the day!