For the vegan ladyfingers
- Start by sifting together the dry ingredients.
- Then, whip aquafaba with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form and slowly add in sugar while continuing to whip until glossy. While still whipping, add in vanilla and oil, and mix in a little lemon zest if using. Turn off the mixer and fold in the flour mixture until just combined and no lumps remain.
- Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes and then transfer to a piping bag and preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Pipe the mixture onto 2 lined baking trays, keeping the lines equal in size. You should be able to create around 20-24 individual lines in total. Dust them with more icing sugar, and
bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden. Leave the ladyfingers to cool for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool and crisp up fully. They are ready to use for the tiramisu after about 30 minutes.
For the lemon & thyme syrup
- In a small saucepan, mix together the caster sugar, lemon juice, fresh thyme, and water. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, then mix in the limoncello (if using).
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a brief boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the syrup cool completely.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the lemon zest and thyme sprigs. Use the syrup to dip the ladyfingers in when assembling the tiramisu.
For the vegan lemon curd
- To make vegan lemon curd, start by placing vegan butter, lemon juice, coconut milk, vanilla, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together corn starch and agar with plant milk to make a slurry. Pour the slurry into the saucepan and whisk until the lemon curd thickens, which should take roughly 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the lemon curd to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
For the vegan mascarpone
- To make the vegan mascarpone, start by whipping 140g of soft vegan butter until pale for 5-8 minutes. Add 90g of unflavoured vegan cream cheese and sift in 375g of powdered
- Whip until smooth. then add vanilla extract, Mr Organic Lemon Juice, lemon & thyme syrup and coconut yoghurt. Whip on high speed until well combined, then place the vegan
mascarpone into the fridge until ready to use.
For the whipped cream
- To make the vegan whipped cream for the top, combine vegan double cream, vegan cream cheese, and vanilla extract. Whip the mixture until smooth and creamy, then transfer to a piping bag with a wide, round nozzle.
To assemble the tiramisu
- To assemble the tiramisu, briefly dip the vegan ladyfingers into the lemon thyme syrup and layer them in a square 8×8-inch dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone onto the ladyfinger layer and add half the lemon curd in an even layer to cover. Repeat with layers of ladyfingers, mascarpone, and lemon curd.
- Pipe the vegan whipped cream on top of the tiramisu to decorate, then sprinkle with lemon zest and fresh thyme leaves.
- Place in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight to set, and gently slice into 6 equal slices with a clean, sharp knife.
- To serve, drizzle with a little extra lemon & thyme syrup and enjoy!