1. Top and tail the aubergine, then very carefully slice it lengthways into strips making sure each slice is relatively similar in thickness.
2. Next, drizzle 2 tbsp of the Mr Organic Rapeseed Oil in a griddle pan then tilt the pan to spread the oil around evenly. Place the aubergine strips in the pan three at a time, adding more oil if necessary, and fry them on a medium to high heat for around 3-4 minutes on each side to create a charred affect. Once each batch is done, place them on an old tea towel to absorb any excess oil and set aside.
3. Next, bring a large pan of water to a boil then add in a good pinch of sea salt. Add in 2 cups of the Mr Organic Italian Penne Rigate and allow that to boil for 9-10 minutes until al dente. Drain the pasta off through a colander with a bowl underneath to reserve the pasta water. Shake off the pasta then set it to the side.
4. Drizzle another 1 tbsp of the Mr Organic Rapeseed Oil into the empty large pan and whilst that is warming through, finely chop the white onion. Add the onion to the pan and next mince the garlic, add the garlic to the pan too and then fry that off until soft.
5. Add the majority of the jar of the Mr Organic Parmigiana Sauce to the pan but reserve a small amount for the pasta bake topping, then add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the pan. Mix the sauce through the cooked onion and garlic until thoroughly warmed through.
6. Next, add in the pre-cooked penne pasta, season with salt and pepper, and again, stir it through until the sauce has coated the pasta and everything is well combined.
7. Take a small baking dish and add half of the pasta into the base, then sprinkle some finely grated dairy-free cheese over the top. Next, layer on half the grilled aubergines as evenly as possible, then repeat these steps one more time, with another layer of pasta, another layer of vegan cheese and another layer of the remaining grilled aubergines.
8. Finally, add a small amount of the reserved pasta water to the remaining Mr Organic Parmigiana Sauce in the jar, shake together, then pour that over the top aubergine layer. Using the back of a large spoon, spread it over evenly then finish with a last layer of vegan cheese.
9. Place that in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius and leave to bake for 20 minutes u until the cheese has melted and the top is golden. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately. Garnish with some fresh parsley or basil and serve with a salad on the side.